It's very hard to believe, but Lauren turned 4 on Monday, September 15th. Where have the last 4 years gone? I officially no longer have babies in the house...sort of sad! We've had a month long celebration it seems with a party with friends back on August 23rd at the pool before it closed for the summer...a couple of family celebrations and finally the official birthday. Whew!
When she woke up on her birthday she was greeted by Anna, June and Trammell saying "Happy Birthday". (Sidenote: Lisa and the kids came to stay with us for a short while to seek refuge from no power in Houston) Lauren walked passed them still groggy...graciously saying, "thank you" and sat down. Anna chimed in saying, "Lauren...you're 4 now!" She thought about it for a minute and greeted me in the kitchen with a very serious expression. She said, "Mom. I'm '4' now?" "Yes, Lauren, you are 4 now." She says, "I'm '4' NOW??" She seemed perplexed...placed her hands on her tummy, looked up and said, "I'm '4' now...whooooo-hooooooooo" and she ran off to do a what seemed a "birthday victory" dance. She's a piece of work. It's almost as if she expected something to happen when she turned 4. Afterall, she looked the same, felt the same...so this is it, mom? This is '4'. Huh.
We gave her a new American Girl doll back on the birthday party day since some friends were giving her doll outfits. We also gave her a wooden doll highchair and most importantly...a bike (with training wheels of course) She absolutely loves it!
We spent a couple of hours yesterday learning to ride. Such a big girl. This is such a great time of year with the weather becoming more pleasant that I'm sure we'll be riding the bike alot in coming weeks. We even loaded it up in the car this morning and went up to the school/YMCA joint track and rode for 45 min. A nice way for mommy to be able to walk and get some exercise!
Of note: the picture of Lauren and Daddy with the roses is sort of tradition. Daddy brings the girls roses on their birthday...one for each year. So sweet.
So, here's hoping for a good year of being 4...learning lots of new things and growing up a bit in the process!!! :) Happy Birthday, Lauren!
2 comments:
Oh, sweet Lauren. I love Chris's rose birthday tradition. That's really sweet. And all of those photos are priceless. is it in the Swank genes to be a good photographer?
What a cutie pie ~ Sky is the same way about her upcoming 7th b-day ~ she reminds me each day how many days til her big day. I wish i still got excited about my special ~ day ~ woo hooo I am almost 38!!
Post a Comment