and this...
to appreciate this...
The cabinets are finally in...make that 90% in...
we are waiting on a few pieces in order to finish out the top above the cabinets
and valance over sink area. Today, the floor is being replaced with tile...one step at a time!
We should have the granite counter tops in two weeks and backsplash goes in after that!
I'm beginning to be weary of paper plates/plastic ware and NO KITCHEN SINK! It's been two weeks already...but a small sacrifice for the incredible improvement we'll have in the end!
"Jimmy" the cabinet guy was great. Always nice to like the people who are in your house for 5 days all day! Lauren enjoyed talking to Jimmy and I often had to remind her to leave him alone so he could keep working! It's sad when you drive up in the driveway from morning carpool and Lauren says, "Where's Jimmy this morning?"...it's also sad when the Lowe's guys delivered our tile and backsplash on Monday morning and when I opened the door they said, "Weren't you in the store earlier this morning?"...Lowe's has become our second home. Lauren and I had been by there that morning to order the extra parts we needed to finish cabinets...Suzanne is the lady that helped us design our new space and pick out everything...she's great! Now whenever I turn down Inwood at Forest, the girls realize our 3 favorite places are all right there...Starbucks, Chic-Fil-A, and Lowe's!!! Depending on the time of day, they know where we're headed.
I'll post an updated picture later when the floor is complete.
No comments:
Post a Comment