Anna turned 7 last week which has launched me into a look back at old pictures, wondering where in the world time has gone! I mean, really? I have a 7 year old? It seems like yesterday that Chris and I moved to Dallas at 6 months pregnant getting the house ready for our new arrival. And then there was the moment you realize, you are responsible for this little person, FOREVER! I will never forget my first "mommy moment" as I like to call them. You know, those memories you have as a child, but now your on the mommy side? For instance, Anna's 2 week old appointment in which the nurse came out and called, "Anna"...and again, "Anna?" As I sit there scanning the room admiring the other babies and tired looking mommies, I realize...oh gosh...that's us, or rather me! The list goes on and on...like the first time you cleaned up a skinned knee, or took care of a sick child, or made your child's first lunch for school! Each instance gave a sense of pride with a big "side" of fear...but wow, what great moments are these!And then enters your second child and a whole new dimension of parenting. Sibling rivalry for one. Oh, the joys of parenting!
I'll never forget seeing Anna's beaming smile as she held Lauren for the first time. She was a great big sister from the very beginning. Very helpful in fetching diapers and wipes when a change was needed. So eager to make little sister smile, etc. It's been so fun to see them grow up together and become such special friends.
2 comments:
Mary ~ give Anna a big Happy Birthday hug for me! Lace
Whoo-hoo!
So fun!
Ah, taking a look back.
~Reagan
Post a Comment