40 Years...amazing! We are just glad to have made it to twelve this year!
My parents are a wonderful role model to Jennifer/David, Reagan/Lisa, Chris and myself. I'm sure it hasn't been "roses" all these years, but what marriage is?
I love that mom and dad take a walk most every morning together...
I love that dad compliments mom often on how beautiful she is and that when dad is "going to read" (turning in early)...they give each other a little hug and kiss on the cheek. After all these years, they still like spending time together and appreciate each other...wonderful to see.
In celebration, they traveled to Las Ventanas in Cabo San Lucas for a few days of relaxation...this was a milestone in and of itself as dad doesn't "do" Mexico...or the beach! Very proud of him...he endured! On the actual anniversary weekend, mom had arranged for a nice dinner at Mark's in Houston...she kindly invited Chris and I to attend so she arrranged for a babysitter and we all had a nice time catching up...without the kids! A dinner for eight...mom/dad, Jennifer/David, Reagan/Lisa and Chris and I. What a treat~ complete with toasts to the fabulous couple and plenty of tears (happy of course). A night to remember. Family is wonderful when you all like each other...not all are so lucky to have this kind of family. I feel blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment