Saturday, April 2, 2011

Pittman's 40th - Shinsei




The Big 4-0....what pressure?!?...to do something fabulous to celebrate! Some of our friends have done exactly that...trips to exotic places with a group of friends in tow...or a huge birthday bash inviting everyone they've ever known!!! When thinking about Chris' 40th...I wanted to do something fabulous, yet...intimate and meaningful. So, I booked the private room for 20 at our favorite restaurant, Shinsei. I arranged for all of his favorite dishes to be served and even the cake they had for their anniversary restaurant opening that Chris raved about it. On the guest list were a few special friends dating back to high school, college and JP Morgan. I started planning the "surprise" dinner in July and had the most fun putting the invitation together...a collage of "words"....special places, nicknames, memories of the his last 40 years.


It was a wonderul night of close friends gathering to celebrate! Chris says he was truly surprised! Mission accomplished!





No comments: